Above Benchmark clients and shoppers can take comfort in knowing we are a member of the elite Mystery Shopping Professionals Association in the Asia-Pacific region.
The MSPA enforces a strict Code of Professional Standards and Ethics to which all members must adhere.
Below is an extract which is taken directly from the MSPA website:
The Mystery Shopping Providers Association (MSPA) is dedicated to improving service and promoting excellence in the mystery shopping industry. A fundamental aim of the Association is to ensure that consistent standards are maintained. To improve the value, reputation and stimulate the use of mystery shopping services, it is important that information about mystery shopping services is accurately communicated to both the business community and the public at large, while complying with applicable government laws, regulations and ordinances.
MSPA expects members to follow principles of honesty, professionalism, fairness and confidentiality to guard the interests of the public and our clients in order to promote good business practices.
The Mystery Shopping Providers Association’s Code of Professional Standards is established to ensure that MSPA members conform to the following principles:
- Commit, in principle, to the purposes of the association: improving service and promoting excellence in the mystery shopping industry;
- Conduct mystery shopping services in an honest and ethical manner;
- Conduct mystery shopping services according to industry procedures and regulations set forth and agreed to by MSPA members;
- Instill confidence in mystery shopping and encourage public cooperation;
- Instill confidence in the business community that mystery shopping is performed in a professional and fair manner;
- Respect our clients, their employees, our employees, subcontractors, fellow MSPA members, and the general public.
In addition, we agree to the following Rules of Ethical Conduct in that we will not:
- falsify or misrepresent reports;
- mislead shopper applicants about opportunities regarding mystery shopping;
- ask or encourage anyone to break confidentiality agreements with other firms for whom they conduct mystery shopping assignments;
- use any MSPA media to publish complaints against shoppers, vendors, clients, or other mystery shopper providers;
- act with unfairness towards other members, beyond usual and necessary competition and good business practices;
- refuse to pay, or make a deduction from a shopper’s pay, for failure to perform any function which was not explicitly described in written instructions;
- ask a shopper to pay a fee to be informed of job opportunities.
At Above Benchmark we believe our MSPA membership represents the value we place every day on our integrity and the good standing relationships we have with our clients and our shoppers. The strict rules of ethical conduct will protect our clients and mystery shoppers across Australia. Mystery Shopping providers who breach this code are not accepted as MSPA members. We strongly urge anyone joining our industry as either a client or shopper, to protect themselves and only partner with companies who have a valid MSPA membership. A full list of members can be found on their website.
For more information about the Mystery Shopping Professionals Association please visit MSPA Website